Monday, January 5, 2009

Pollution and hormonal disruption: excessive yang becomes yin

Scary stuff, but maybe good in the long run. After all, I can’t help but think that it was the males of species who drove us into the cul-de-sac in which we currently find ourselves. I remember reading about something similar in Benjamin Hoff’s (otherwise dreadful) Te of Piglet --- at some point, excessive yang (i.e., masculine) energy spontaneously converts into yin (i.e., feminine) energy. So maybe we boys are putting ourselves out to pasture.
The report found that male fish in British lowland rivers develop eggs in their testes, 40 percent of male cane toads have become hermaphrodites in areas of Australia, male alligators in Florida suffer from lowered testosterone and higher estrogen levels, and baby boys who have been exposed to chemicals in pregnancy are being born with smaller penises and feminized genitals.
 blog it

1 comment:

Robynsveil said...

Can't say I understand these energies, but I've never been real impressed with the yang in my life. It's given my more trouble. The yin is the sane aspect. So, maybe something is stabilizing in nature as well?