Monday, September 8, 2008

"We will have our first Christian mayor."

Absolutely disgusting. Palin obviously has no familiarity with our nation's tradition of religion-government separation. I also wonder if she's ever read the scriptures she so idolizes. If so, what does she make of Jesus' admonitions to avoid making a show of one's piety? Whited sepulchre, anyone?

"Sarah comes in with all this ideological stuff, and I was like, 'Whoa,' " said Stein, who lost the election. "But that got her elected: abortion, gun rights, term limits and the religious born-again thing. I'm not a churchgoing guy and that was another issue: 'We will have our first Christian mayor.' "

"I thought, 'Holy cow, what's happening here? Does that mean she thinks I'm Jewish or Islamic?"' recalled Stein, who was raised Lutheran. "The point was that she was a born-again Christian."

blog it

No comments: